What is the MarTrust E-Wallet?
It is your personal MarTrust E-Wallet account based in Europe which you can access from anywhere and at any time even when you are on leave from the vessel.
Why does my employer use MarTrust?
The MarTrust E-Wallet enables employers to digitise payment transactions reducing cash onboard and the administrative burden of making such payments. The MarTrust E-Wallet also enables your employer to make payments more quickly with less hassle.
Who owns my MarTrust E-Wallet account?
Your MarTrust E-Wallet account is personal and belongs entirely to you. Your employer does not have any control or access to your MarTrust E-Wallet account.
What features come with the MarTrust E-Wallet account?
Upon enrolment at MarTrust, you will be provided with a MarTrust E-Wallet account which you can access via the MarTrust E-Wallet App. You will also be provided with a prepaid Mastercard®, which you can top up with funds from your MarTrust E-Wallet account and use as you would with normal a debit card. In addition, you can perform ATM withdrawals and online payments using this prepaid Mastercard®.
What are the benefits to me as a seafarer?
The benefits are:
- a MarTrust E-Wallet account located in Europe;
- the ability to receive payments from your employer directly into your MarTrust E-Wallet account;
- instant access to your funds and the ability to use or transfer funds from anywhere and at anytime;
- no maintenance costs to you;
- your first transfer home following payroll is free of charge;
- visible and transparent exchange rates in the MarTrust E-Wallet App;
- the ability to transfer funds from your MarTrust E-Wallet to another Visa or Mastercard® in Ukraine, or UnionPay Card (China) at a fee of USD6 per transfer;
- the ability to use your prepaid Mastercard® at POS (Point of Sale) in shops, for cash withdrawals from local ATMs or to shop online;
- your first two ATM withdrawals are free of charge every month;
- you can use your prepaid Mastercard® to make local payments in eight currencies benefitting from savings on FX charges on payments in those eight currencies.
Does this mean that I will not receive my salary in my nominated bank account?
Your employer will now send your salary to your MarTrust E-Wallet, which provides you increased flexibility. However, if you would prefer to continue receiving your salary in your nominated bank account, then you can set up a Salary Disbursement within your MarTrust E-Wallet in just a few easy steps:
- add the bank account details for your nominated account;
- add the percentage of your salary you wish to be automatically sent to this nominated account; and
- click update.
As soon as your salary has been deposited in your MarTrust E-Wallet, any percentage that you have set up as a Salary Disbursement will be automatically sent to your nominated bank account by bank transfer. Once set up, this will continue when you receive future salary payments unless you choose to change this at a later date. You can therefore still receive any percentage of your salary into your nominated bank account, at no cost to you.
What is my MarTrust ID?
When opening your MarTrust E-Wallet you will be allocated a unique MarTrust ID. This will have been communicated to you in your welcome letter/email and is the ID that you can give to your employer allowing them to process your payroll into the correct account. Your MarTrust ID will remain the same even if you move to another employer.
What is my Cardholder ID?
Your Cardholder ID can be found on the reverse of your Mastercard®. This is the ID that you share with Customer Services to identify your prepaid Mastercard® account. Do not share the 16 digit number on the front of your prepaid Mastercard® (the PAN) with anyone.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of the MarTrust E-Wallet is completely free of charge.
- The cost of the prepaid Mastercard® is also free of charge.
- Costs of transfers from your MarTrust E-Wallet and for using your prepaid Mastercard® should have been communicated to you by your employer, as part of the MarTrust introduction. We can also send this to you by email, if this is required please contact us by phone +302106244770 or by email at [email protected].
Is MarTrust regulated?
Yes, MarTrust Corporation Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company No. 07498933). MarTrust is an Authorised Payment Institution (API) regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 794752) under the Payment Services Regulations 2017. Its registered company address is Office 7.09, 7th Floor, Tintagel House, 92 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TY, United Kingdom.
MarTrust works with PFS Card Services (Ireland) Limited, a company registered in Ireland with its registered office address at Front Office, Scurlockstown Business Park, Trim, Co. Meath, C15 K2R9, Ireland (with company registration number 590062, authorised and regulated as an e-money issuer by the Central Bank of Ireland registration number C175999). PCSIL are the issuers of the prepaid Mastercard® linked to the MarTrust E-Wallet.
What does it mean that MarTrust is regulated?
MarTrust, as a regulated entity, must comply with all relevant laws, regulations and regulatory guidance and is subject to regulatory reporting, regular external reviews by independent auditors and regulators to ensure all relevant laws, regulations, regulatory guidance and expectations are adhered to. MarTrust is not a bank, however, MarTrust is an authorised payment institution and as such it specialises in processing payments on behalf of its customers. MarTrust is the largest maritime payment provider, processing USD12 billion annually and holding USD80-100 million overnight for 450 Maritime companies.
Where will the funds in my MarTrust E-Wallet account be held?
The funds are held in the European Union with a top 20 global bank.
How quickly will I see my funds in my MarTrust E-Wallet account?
Once your employer approves the transfer in their MarTrust E-Wallet account, the funds should be visible in your MarTrust E-Wallet account within a few moments.
How do I set-up my MarTrust E-Wallet account?
Once you have received your MarTrust E-Wallet welcome email you can follow the simple steps to download the MarTrust E-Wallet App and sign in using the credentials provided to you to activate your MarTrust E-Wallet account. You will then be ready to receive and use your funds. Shortly afterwards you will receive a physical prepaid Mastercard®.